Please arrive 10 minutes earlier in order to complete paperwork for you and your baby.
All initial visits involve a full assessment of mother and baby including history and examination for both. This includes those referred for tongue tie assessments to help decide if further management of the tongue tie is required. Those attending for mental health assessment also require a full medical assessment of mother and baby at the first visit.
Please bring your “green book” with you to the visit and if possible come with your baby ready to feed so I can observe this. However, please don’t delay a feed if your baby is upset.
If you are using a breast pump or bottles and have any questions relating to these, please bring them along to your visit also.
Resources on specific breastfeeding topics:
- How do I know if my baby is getting enough milk?
- How often should I feed my baby?
- Getting a good attachment
- Hand expression of breastmilk
- Blocked ducts
- Nipple Vasospasm
- Nipple Thrush
- Paced bottle feeding
- Tongue Tie
- Introduction to solids
- Dietary Avoidance in Food Allergy (only under medical supervision)
- Expressing and storing breastmilk
- Returning to work